13 January 2018

Vegan Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes

Good morning! I'm writing an impromptu post today because I have just made the most delicious vegan pancakes for breakfast. I can't believe they turned out as well as they did, so obviously I had to write about it and share the recipe!


Saturday means pancakes for breakfast. I usually wake up late, plod downstairs in my jammies, stick Saturday Kitchen on and make my Grandma's pancakes – the recipe can be found in one of the very first posts on this blog. It is one that has run in my family for many years and it's the only one I use. Until now! I'm taking part in Veganuary this month and needed a vegan version of my favourite pancakes – I can only go a week or so without them.

I had a look online for a vegan-friendly recipe but I wasn't very inspired. So, I decided to have a play around with my Grandma's recipe and the result was a fluffy stack of pancakes you wouldn't even know were completely plant based.


Anyway, I'll stop going on now. Here's the recipe!

You will need:
200g self-raising flour
50g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
25g vegan spread – I used Flora Freedom Dairy Free Spread Avocado & Lime
1 very ripe banana, mashed
240ml non-dairy milk – I used Rude Health almond drink

  • First combine the flour, sugar and baking powder with a whisk or wooden spoon. Then, with clean hands rub the vegan spread into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. 
  • Add the mashed banana and milk and stir until combined. In a non-stick frying pan melt a little more vegan spread on a low-medium heat and dollop in three spoonfuls of the batter. Wait a couple of minutes for bubbles to appear on the top of the pancakes, allow them to pop, then flip and cook for a further two minutes.

Note: As these pancakes have banana in them they take a little longer to cook than a regular pancake recipe.

I stacked mine with Whole Earth smooth peanut butter smothered between each layer and topped with homemade blueberry compote, cosied up with a cup of coffee and let the morning unravel.

Are you taking part in Veganuary? I'd love to know what your favourite recipes are – let me know in the comments or get in touch via Twitter/Instagram: @wnwrote.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Sound amazing bring the recipe to Aber next time you are home 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next weekend! Will make them for you on Saturday morning xxx

      Delete
  2. Yum, yum, yum. I've been wondering what to make with the almond milk in my fridge.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible, Naomi! I'm so impressed that you're doing veganuary - I don't know if I'd have the resilience, especially considering that in January and in the darker winter months I tend to start snacking on comfort foods and leftover Christmas chocolates etc - which makes your feat even more impressive! I'd love to see more of your recipes and wish you all the best as you continue with it, as it would be something I'd definitely consider at least having a go at in the future!

    Jess xx

    www.thatpilgrimsoul.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig