30 July 2017

Bread Meats Bread – Glasgow


It is a truth universally known that when visiting Scotland the diet goes down the drain. And a universally known truth I am happy to embrace once, maybe twice a year, because Scotland is the place where food is served with no second thoughts. It offers the kind of food that makes me sleep all afternoon, and in today's work-obsessed world, I can't resist a treat like that.


The whole family was up in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago for my cousin's wedding and a few of us went to Bread Meats Bread for a little post-wedding treat. Nothing can cure those end-of-holiday blues better than a burger, am I right?




















But it was the poutine that stole the show. There was a bit of a Canadian theme running in my trip to Glasgow; Tim Hortons recently opened in Argyle Street and I was all over that. But back to the poutine:


I mean, it's not the best-looking dish but it tasted bloody great. Those squeaky cheese curds are where it's at. My brother had the raspoutine – the healer, an even bigger bowl of poutine with bacon and extra cheese. He barely made a dent in it – the portions here are generous. 





















What makes Bread Meats Bread different is its rather extensive menu. Not only do they offer a lot – for meat eaters, veggies and vegans – they do it all very well. I first came here last year with my sister, Sarah, and we fell in love with the bacon fries. Everything else I've tried since has been spot on.


If you're in Glasgow (or Edinburgh) then Bread Meats Bread is definitely one to add to your list. I'll be going back to try some of their fried chicken, or even something from the vegan menu. Now that I'm back in Bristol, though, I'm readjusting to my regular, healthy (ish) diet – and my snug jeans. A treat is a treat, after all. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The food looks amazing! I've never tried poutine before but it looks delicious
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those bacon fries mmmmm good times!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig