28 March 2016

Best Eats in Barcelona

There's no need for me to harp on about how much I love food but there is a great need for me to share with you my food highlights from my trip to Barcelona. I'm sure if you don't go there and see for yourself how incredible it is, you'll miss out on some of the best food in the world.

Recommended to me by my brother and his girlfriend, Bacoa was my favourite lunch after Bar Lobo. You don't need to spend a lot to enjoy a good meal in Barcelona, and Bacoa offered the cheapest – but most delicious – burgers ever. Shake Shack, you've been replaced, soz. Ps that's a hash brown so it doesn't really get much better.

I'm only halfway there when it comes to vegetarianism, but this meat-free salad had me all in a daze for about a week after. I couldn't tell you what was actually in this, just know that it was bloody delicious and you will only understand by trying it for yourself which, by the way, you must. Find it at the rear of La Boqueria on La Rambla.

Juice was popular in Barcelona, and I found a stall in La Boqueria that sold freshly squeezed juice without any added sugar. I've always wanted to try watermelon juice so that's what I got, and it was the most delicious, refreshing drink ever.
 

Despite my attempts to cut down on sugar, I couldn't resist getting some sweets. Never have I seen so much edible colour. It tasted as good as it looked, too.


Time Out has some brilliant articles on where best to eat out when traveling. I wanted to find the most traditional, authentic churros and Granja La Pallaresa delivered just that. These were crisp, hot and not too sweet, served with a thick, dark hot chocolate for dipping. So delicious and in such a pretty area of the city.

Los Bellota was a place we happened upon on our first night when we were craving tapas. The loveliest waiter served us sweet sangria and these four dishes: chorizo in red wine, mushrooms stuffed with pesto and salami shavings, potatas bravas and olives. We couldn't fault this place – the service, food, value for money and atmosphere were all 10/10. Situated near the Sagrada Familia.


After drinking this nutella machiatto at Artisa I never wanted to drink any other kind of coffee again. This was as good as it sounds - just look at the inside of that glass painted with my favourite chocolate spread. Filled with frothy, creamy, chocolatey, nutty coffee, I wondered why I didn't think of it myself. Enjoy one for yourself at this sweet little bakery/cafe just off La Rambla.

Have you been to Barcelona? Where do you recommend for food and drink? I absolutely loved this city and can't wait to visit again. 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the food market when I went - you could try a bit of everything which was pretty amazing <3 That burger with the hash brown looks epic though! I really liked a place called Pura Brasa which also did a good burger. They were piped with cheese in the middle and all melty and wonderful! x

      http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig