16 December 2015

Meat Liquor – Bristol

There's a new burger joint in town called Meat Liquor. Apparently that's a play on words. Beats me...


I went with Em (we do everything together, dontcha know?) to one of the training days a few weeks ago when everything was half price. We were so excited about this that we ended up drinking twice as much and paying the usual amount, but, of course, it was worth it.


Meat Liquor fits nicely into Stokes Croft. It's just across the road from the iconic Hamilton House where I went for a few pilates classes that one time when I moved to Bristol and tried to get flexible enough to do the splits (it never happened).

You can read more about Stokes Croft here, but for now let's get down to the real deal.

I wasn't a fan of the decor in Meat Liquor. The photos in this post are a selection of the few bits I did appreciate, but for the most part, it wasn't to my taste. The walls were laced with graffiti – to the extent where I couldn't find the toilets. But I can look past that, because it wasn't too loud or pretentious, and the food and drink was damn tasty.



These 'game over' cocktails are limited to two per person, apparently because there's so much alcohol in them. For the price, I'm not sure I'd agree, but they did taste delicious and the cherry garnish made it for me. It was sour and sweet and very easy to drink.

But what you really want to hear about are the burgers. Em and I ordered two bacon cheeseburgers and fries to share. They arrived on a tray (no plates) and were devoured within minutes. And that crispy thing right underneath the top half of the bun? That's a bacon patty. 

On top of the fact that this was one of the juiciest, most delicious beef patties I've ever had – up there with Shake Shack's – Meat Liquor's offering had the addition of this incredible bacon, too. And it wasn't just rashers. This was bacon bits, crisped up and muddled together in an entirely new format. It sounds bizarre, but Em and I were crazy about it.

Unfortunately, I have to walk past Meat Liquor every single day to get to work and it kills me every time. I need to go back and have another cocktail and burger, or perhaps some of their wings, or chilli cheese fries... It's enough to convert anyone – even the vegan on Twitter who told me I had a personality disorder last week :)


 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks perfect. The last picture makes me so hungry!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig