8 September 2014

What's in the Cookie Box? – Belfast

Claire told me to go to Cookie Box, and seeing as it was just down the road from Mauds, we thought we'd pop in and maybe get something.

Of course, upon entering a shop where almost the entire back wall was covered with stacks of chocolate bars, we were definitely getting something. I wasn't in the mood for a milkshake, despite them being what Cookie Box is known for, but I can never say no to an ice cream, especially when on holiday! (Yes, holidays in Britain count).

We chose our favourites. We're creatures of habit – there's no shame in that. Chocolate for me and mint choc chip for Bethan... And a chocolate orange cookie for later, because ever since my free one in Pret I am a little bit in love with that flavour combination.
The ice cream was the perfect flavour, but a littttttle bit powdery in texture. The big chunks of chocolate throughout more than made up for that, however, and the chocolate cone coated in hundreds and thousands was so pretty and delicious. Needless to say I was too full to eat the cookie as well, so I saved that for later...
I was expecting the kind of cookie that I'd never forget. Think chunks of Terry's-chocolate-orange style style pieces interspersed through a soft, but crisp, plain cookie. I was, however, left quite disappointed with what I believe could have been so beautiful.

From what I could taste, the chocolate was just plain old milk, no flavour of orange detected in that at all, and the cookie was a horribly overpowering orange flavour - but it was like orange peel flavour. Texture-wise, the dough was OK. I just didn't agree with their way of assembling the chocolate and orange flavour combination.

But it's ok, Cookie Box was good enough for WNW and I'll be going back for a milkshake next time. That place was a sweet tooth's haven. 
Have you been to Cookie Box? Take a look at their website here – you won't need any more convincing.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. How does anyone choose what to have in these kind of places?! Every chocolate is my favourite chocolate haha... looks yummy though, shame it wasn't quite up to perfect
    Jennifer xx
    www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go lots of times and try everything ;)

      N xo

      Delete
  2. Ooh no it's a shame when you expect something to be SO good, but it still looked amazing and I would love to try a milkshake xxx

    Blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about the place that makes me want to go back, the milkshakes look amazing!

      N xo

      Delete
  3. this is like every child (ok, and adult)'s dream place! a shame the food didn't have the wow factor, but i'm glad it was still worth going to :) x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so bright and beautiful! I only wish there had been more places like this when I was little (maybe there was and I just never went there?! haha)

      N xo

      Delete
  4. Haven't actually been into the Cookie Box. They have one in my town now as well and in the centre of Belfast. There's a similar café called Jenz on the Lisburn Road that I would normally go to instead xx

    www.alphabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenz is such a cool name! I'll have to check that out for my next trip : )

      N xo

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this Custom Cookie Boxes information with everyone; it is highly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative article thanks for sharing it with everyone. Also Read: Custom Printed Chinese Takeout Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig