23 September 2014

Breakfast at Boston Tea Party – Cheltenham

Are you sick of seeing pancakes yet? They're my favourite thing to eat for breakfast, what can I say? Having my Grandma's recipe for pancakes as my first proper blog post was a very apt beginning for What Naomi Wrote.

I took a few days off work last week to go and see my friend Cloey (Clo-banana) in Cheltenham. We went out for breakfast... twice. First we went to Boston Tea Party. I have blogged about this place before, but I wanted to blog it again, because this time it was off the charts ah-maz-ing. 








You know how much I love pastries, but after trying Cloey's pancakes last time, I knew what I was ordering before we even got there. I was served by a man with the bluest eyes, he was gorgeous (everyone was, actually). 

I explained to him my latest drink of choice – Americano with a dash of milk, iced. Although I paid an extra pound for this to be served in a glass with ice, it was so creamy and delicious I didn't even mind, and the service was fantastic.


Our food arrived promptly and was served with a smile. Cloey ordered the kedgeree – curried rice with smoked fish, topped with a poached egg and a generous serving of yoghurt. It was the perfect breakfast dish, so fresh, well-seasoned and full of good stuff – I'll be ordering that next time.
 
And then came my pancakes – four fat, fluffy pancakes drenched in maple syrup with two rashers of the saltiest, crispiest bacon perched on top. These came a very close second to the best pancakes I had in New York five years ago.

Have you ever seen bacon like it?!

I love going out for breakfast/brunch and Boston Tea Party might just be my new favourite place for it. For £9 it's a reasonable option for all budgets, and it has such a light and airy atmosphere with plenty going on, and so much food and drink to choose from. If my waistline wasn't at stake, I would be there every Saturday.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This place looks amazing, the breakfasts looks delicious!
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always, always have pancakes if we go out for breakfast - and I'm always furious if I go somewhere that doesn't serve them, haha! This place looks amazing, if I'm ever in Cheltenham I will be searching it out.

    Lauren
    Totally Typically

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sick of seeing pancakes seeing as they are one of the best foods ;) I keep making really awful ones lately though so dissappointing! And I can't believe you paid more for ice....but anyway it looks yummy I love iced tea and coffee xxx




    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god this looks delicious, I need those pancakes right now!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snacks and drinks seem to be delicious. Our selection of party venue near our place was really liked by everyone. Their location and matching interior was lovely. My mother felt proud of all the bookings done by me for her kitty party. Will book the same one for our next party also.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig