18 August 2014

5 Blogs You Should Be Reading

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/27/ec/57/27ec57e536fc6cc5433bc6facd3d8573.jpg
Source
Since What Naomi Wrote turned one a few weeks ago, I've been thinking about all the blogs I have discovered in the past year. Just a quick scroll through some of these blogs is enough to lift me out of a bad day. Everyone has their way of relaxing and taking themselves out of a bad mindset, mine happens to be reading blogs. Here are my five favourites (in no particular order) which you should be reading too.

Hilarious, gorgeous and trustworthy. Although more present on YouTube, her blog is just as excellent. Her older posts incorporate more purse friendly beauty products, but she uploads some really entertaining vlogs and when I'm in need of some escapism I just watch Essiebuttonvlogs and everything's OK.

I wish I could write like Flora. In fact, when writing my blog posts I imagine her as my proof reader – does anyone else do that? Reading her blog is like getting a new issue of my favourite magazine in through the post. Her content is like gold dust, and her spontaneous posts make them all the more exciting for me to read. I feel like going for long walks and camping and buying all the white cotton pyjamas because of Flora – appreciating the 'less is more' kind of outlook on life, and how beautiful the little things are.

3. The Pains of an Overactive Mind
If you like to read, but don't want to read an essay, or a long-winded argument stuffed full of loads of needlessly 'sophisticated' words, head over to Jessica's blog where you will be reassured that being you is absolutely OK – it's great, in fact. Each post tells a story, and I love every one of them.

4. Wander to Wonder
If you're looking for somewhere to eat, follow Miho's blog, Wander to Wonder. She posts mouthwatering photos of the most gorgeous restaurants in London (and other places) and I have a long list of places I need to visit when I'm next in the city. Miho is so lovely, too. I feel like she has become one of my good friends in the past year – she is such a loyal reader of my blog and I appreciate every comment she leaves on my posts.

5. Gingerly Pale
Can you believe that Jess is just seventeen? She writes with such clarity and a gentle maturity, it makes me wish I could go back in time and re-live the past five years. Her posts on Gingerly Pale are positive and comforting – Jess is going to go far, I am sure. Reading this post has inspired me to properly sort out my bedroom and make a creative space where I can blog from – my living room sofa just isn't going to cut it anymore.

Each one of these bloggers has their own voice and style and there's just something about them all that I love, so go and check them out – I'm sure you'll enjoy them just as much as I do. Have you got any recommendations of blogs that I should be reading? There were others I wanted to include in this post but I'd have been going on forever. You can check out all the blogs I follow here for more blog-reading inspiration : )


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Love these little lists for discovering wonderful new blogs - can you believe I hadn't already discovered Essiebutton?? That's Monday gone.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness... I almost didn't include her because I thought she's so popular surely everyone must already follow her?!
      But I'm glad you have now discovered her! I am actually about to catch up on her vlogs now : )

      Naomi xo

      Delete
  2. These sound absolutely wonderful, I hate to say it but so many blogs are the SAME, yours is definitely not and stands out to me but it is nice to have others to read that are a breath of fresh so thanks for sharing & hope you're well xxx

    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessica! I agree, it's sad to see so many samey blogs :(
      N xo

      Delete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful! Have followed #02, 03, 05 - perfect.
    Thanks for sharing Naomi!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've found a few new blogs to follow, Gemma! I'd love it if more people posted their favourites too.
      N xo

      Delete
  4. A fab list! Love Miho, Flora & Jessica, of course - but hadn't heard of the other two either! Will definitely check them out xx

    www.frauleinlouise.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think me, you, Flora and Miho are all in the same 'circle' in the blogging world, if you get me : )
      Hope you like the others!
      N xo

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to check out these blogs. It's so hard to find new, smaller blogs so this is great! Great post and lovely blog

    Zara x
    zarakate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! And I know, right? It's mostly on other people's recommendations that I find new blogs that I actually love.
      Thanks so much : )
      N xo

      Delete
  6. you are far too nice Naomi - thank you so much for putting me on this list, it's a privilege! i'm so glad i discovered yours, i feel like i caught you when you were just starting out and it's amazing to see how your blog has grown :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig