18 July 2014

Shop & Drop at Pret A Manger

Remember when I was all geared up for a day of shopping in Glasgow? Just a few hours later my arms were aching under the weight of bags filled with new wellies, dresses to customize and coconut shampoo and conditioner among other things I obviously needed.

I had to stop. It was so hot! I don't think I have ever experienced warm weather in Scotland – it was lovely, but after hunting down a restaurant on my mum's recommendation, only to find it was too posh (and intimidating) to eat in alone, I made a bee-line for the nearest Pret A Manger. I was hungry, thirsty and tired, and I knew Pret was the answer.



There isn't a cold drink I love more than peach and green iced tea. Pret's version is made with only natural ingredients and absolutely no added sugar. Interestingly, it didn't taste too dissimilar to Lipton's iced tea, which is laden with sugar. Pret's iced tea was nicer. (Take note, Lipton).

The vegetable crisps at Pret are the absolute best. Sweet, salty, crispy, and healthy...ish.

The sandwich I picked up was a Lebanese chicken flat bread. It looked so good on the shelf, but was actually really disappointing. One half of the wrap didn't have any chicken or feta in it, and there was a lot of left over flat bread. The second half was better, but still not abundant in filling.

The underwhelming sandwich was made up for by the free cookie I got from the guy serving me. What a nice chap for putting it on the house. He may have been hitting on me, but I like to think it's just the friendly Glaswegian way.

The cookie tasted like Christmas! Orange, white chocolate and cranberries filled a sweet, spiced cookie dough – not something I'd usually go for, but Pret knows how to balance flavours, and this was a combination like no other. Thanks again to the guy (I've forgotten his name) who gave it to me.

Even though Pret A Manger is a chain, I felt it deserved a spot on What Naomi Wrote. Despite the steep prices, (£4 for a smoothie?!) the choice, flavours and freshness (which equates to healthy in my head) make for a refreshing lunch time experience similar to that of an independent cafe. If I had the money, I would go there for lunch every day. 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. YUMMY I love veg crisps and I haven't been to pret in agggesss xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig