19 November 2013

Loving: Lorde

Source
"Don't you think that it's boring how people talk?"

Lorde: aesthetic melodies and mesmerising lyrics that engage, instill and uplift. 

Spotify recommended Lorde to me a couple months ago, and for once, I am grateful for their ad-infused service. I have been listening to her EP The Love Club and album Pure Heroine pretty much every day since they were released and I don't think I'll stop anytime soon.

My sister says that I listen to depressing music. I thought about this for a while. I like what I like, and Lorde does not depress me. If a song makes you sad, chances are it's making you think too much about current or past experiences, and what makes good music, for me, is music that transports you to a new place entirely. This is what Lorde's music does.

Source

"There's nothing more I want, except to be alone." 

Favourites: Team, The Love Club, Ribs, A World Alone.

I love Lorde not just for her music, but because she seems wise beyond her years. I have read and watched interviews in which she discusses her general outlook on life, and she is the kind of person I would love to meet just to talk to about life because a lot of what she says I'm just like, YES. 
Source
"Maybe the internet raised us, or maybe people are jerks."

I am so glad that someone as intelligent and refreshing like her is growing in the limelight and I hope she is not tainted by anything that may be thrown her way. However, at sixteen, she appears to have her head properly screwed on and if you haven't listened to her music already, I suggest you do it right now. You can listen for free on SoundCloud or Spotify, or purchase on iTunes or Amazon.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love Lorde, she has just an interesting voice and such a talent at a young age! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in awe of how talented she is for her age! Love her.
      N xo

      Delete
  2. Wow she's a beautiful and what a lovely post xxx




    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lorde! Her voice is beautiful and her hair is just gorgeous!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is incredible. I know, serious hair envy! xo

      Delete
  4. Lorde is so good! Her music is different than what's out there at the moment and it's refreshing, she seems like a really nice person too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's hard to make that judgment about a celebrity but I totally agree with you. I cannot stop listening to her music x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig