A similar concept to Squares; Chugh is made out of rice krispies, marshmallows, butter and toffee. Pronounced exactly how it is spelt 'Ch-ugh,' has been a favourite in my family for as long as I can remember. It was a hit with my flatmates while at University and I'm sure with you too, if you'll give it a go.
Recipe for Chugh, courtesy of my mum.
- 200g butter
- 200g toffees
- 200g marshmallows
- About 250g rice krispies
1. Put the toffees, marshmallows and butter in a deep saucepan on a low heat. Stir until completely melted and combined.
2. Add the rice krispies and stir into the marshmallow mixture.
3. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray.
4. Spread out and press down with the back of a metal spoon to create an even surface. Leave to set for an hour, or pop into the fridge for half an hour if you're hungry.
5. With a sharp knife, score the chugh into squares then cut it up and serve.
Will you be making some Chugh this Bonfire Night? Let me know if you try out this recipe in the comment box below, or tweet me @hello_flower.