14 October 2013

The Day I Forgot

Day 11: A moment in history.

Source


I remember sitting, slumped on my bed trying to write this post a few weeks ago. I was busy that day - doing what, I don't know. 

I wanted to write about something meaningful. Something, like, a real moment in history. Like when women got the right to vote, and racial segregation became a thing of the past (almost), but really, to write about something so big in one day would be wrong. I don't know nearly enough to write about any of those things and it would take a lot longer than 24 hours to write about a significant moment in history.

So, a moment in history of this 30 day creative writing challenge is Day 11: The Day I Forgot. When whatever I was doing was seemingly more important than what I love to do - write. I could have gotten up at six o'clock, worked on this post all day, tried really hard, but I didn't. And now I am compromising a potentially great post by writing about my laziness and forgetfulness.

I have learned a lot from writing. About myself, other people, things, and the world. Reading is just as good. And that is what I am going to do today. Read and write, so I can get better, and remember the quote in the image above. 
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter & bleed.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig